Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Monday, December 12, 2011

Saved by the Nap

Who doesn't love nap time? I mean, if your a mom of just one child, you know that nap time is a "staple" in your life as a mom! I am currently enjoying just that, the nap! Now some parents would "nap" the same time as their child, and don't get me wrong, sometimes I do...but most of the time I am "saved" during this time. It's a time for ME. I am blessed that #2 still thinks napping twice a day is a cool thing! While #1 is at school on Monday's around 9:30 is favorite time of mine. #2 lays down for a nap and the possibilities are endless!

Now, on Monday's my daily "chore" of the house is to sweep and mom ALL floors. Now yes, this is a daunting task, but I choose to do it with JOY. I am happy that I am able to sweep and mop the floors in peace, without little feet slipping on the floors, or having to chase around little toys that are speeding so quickly past the broom! Each day I tackle one "big" chore of the house, typically during nap time. I make sure that my chore doesn't last more than 30 minutes, because #2 usually naps between 1-1.5 hours. I take the rest of my "nap" time and take time for God.


Currently in church the women's bible study class is doing Jennifer Rothschild's "Walking by Faith: Lessons Learned in the Dark". This is an amazing study! We previously did Self Talk, Soul Talk...wow, that opened my eyes to how I talk to myself (even when I'm not talking out loud). I definitely recommend that study, along with the one I'm currently doing.

"When we step out in faith, we find the treasures God has reserved for those who lean completely on him". So the Walking by Faith study, much like her others, is a dvd study on Sunday's together then a 3-4 page devotional for 5 days a week. Now somedays I sit there thinking, oh, I could be on Facebook catching up with old friends, or I could just sit and watch this show....but I have realized that I need to give God my time. He deserves it...after all, he sent his Son to die for me, and saves my sins, day in and day out!




So, what do you do during your child's nap time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...