Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Part 3: Saving on Kids Clothes


Have you heard of Freecycle?  It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills.When we moved to our first parish, where we are now, I was needing some extra clothes for the tall growing #1 (most people think he's a year old than he really is, because he's so tall-he has his father's height). I was talking with someone and they replied, why don't you see if you can find some clothes on Freecycle. I was confused...Freecycle? They explained that its a group of local people trying to get rid of things they don't need (ie, de-cluttering their house) and giving it away to other people who could use it! It's an AWESOME community if I might just say so myself. I've found great finds on here. #1 got a whole bunch of 4T clothes this summer and they were in excellent condition! I've also given away a lot of things that we just didn't use anymore (but didn't fill the landfill with them). It's like recycling, but free!

There are various local groups all around the nation. It's free to be a member. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on 'Browse Groups' above the search box. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...