Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sick Day...what's that?


Today, while mopping the floors, I wondered to myself, “what does the President do when he’s sick…how many sick days does he get?”. Pastor caught a bad bug the week before our weekend New Years Trip (we still went, he just wasn’t feeling well). He felt better by Monday, which was good because Wednesday he left until Saturday for a Youth Symposium in Irvine, CA (more on that later). Then on Monday this week (just about a week after he’s feeling better) he comes home SICK AGAIN! Now Pastor isn’t one to get sick, and when he does the world is ending…or at least that’s how it seems (just because he gets sick about once every 7 years, so it’s bad when he gets sick). I was a bit frustrated at God that he was sick, the kids were crabby, I was tired (hadn’t done hardly any of my TO DO list), and we have a huge water problem to deal with (joys of home owning…not). So I sat there, well stood there, mopping, wondering how many days does the President get sick…I guess we’ll never really know. Us SUPER MOMs or, just busy moms never really get a sick day. We still end up being MOM, which is OK, but today I had a “poor me” feeling and just wanted to go somewhere with no screaming children, no messy floors, or leaking pipes, and sit and think and pray. So I went to get the mail…there weren’t any screaming children, the sidewalk was clean, and I didn’t see leaking water anywhere. It was my 5 minute solitude of the day. We need that, moms. We do! So make sure you take time for you. Take some quiet time, and even though you may be super busy, have a ton to do, take time for You. YOU deserve it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...