Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Word of the Year

Some friends of mine at church, in our women's book club, have this thing where they choose a "word" and try to "live" like that for the year. I found that very interesting and while I didn't have a "word of the year" I completely know how I want to live my life this year and what my word was, the minute they brought it up. Now some of their words in the past have been, laugh, family, fun, etc. One of my friend's words this year is "weak". She referenced the bible passage in 2 Corinthians 12:10 (well not this one specifically, but something like this one) for it says "Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong". What a great way to live your life, I know in some situations that would be a great mindset to have.

So my word, er phrase for the year is "Choose Joy". I've decided during hardships, I need to focus on the "fruit of the spirit....joy....Galatians 5:22. I am praying that God helps me with this, as there are sure hardships during everyone's life, but I know through HIM I can do it, and I'm CHOOSING JOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...