Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Miracles Matter.

This Sunday I was really moved by the head Pastor's sermon. MY Pastor didn't preach this week, rather it was the senior pastor that preached. We're doing a sermon series on Jesus: Savior of All. This weeks title was "Why I Came". In this he talked about why miracles matter.

Now, just to preface this, my dad is having tests at Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN in a few weeks, so this has been on my mind a lot, because I'm concerned since the doctors in Nebraska can't figure out what's wrong (he has pain in his legs, muscle problems, trips a lot, and other things) so he's going in for testing...so...know that my mind was on THIS while listening to the sermon.

Have you ever felt like the pastor was talking to YOU, like he knew exactly what you needed on Sunday and it fit just perfectly into your life...well that's how I felt today! It was really amazing and God just really calmed my worried heart.

Miracles Matter:
"That evening at sundown they brought him to all who were sick or oppressed by demons. And they whole city was gathered together at the door. And he healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons. And he would not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him". Mark 1:32-34

Miracles happen more than once. Miracles do happen and we should always pray for one (I'm praying for a miracle for my dad right now). However, God's selective in healing miracles. God's heart and passion is that ALL would believe. THIS Is the great miracle, that ALL people would believe...the big miracle isn't the big healings.

I need to remember that God answers prayers...so we can still pray for miracles but we should count on Christ always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...