Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What's the Hurry?

I was driving #1 to preschool one day and I was about half way to school when I noticed a blue vehicle behind me, pretty close...now I've lived in Minneapolis, Chicago, and St. Louis, so I've had my fair share of ugly drivers who follow WAY TOO CLOSE. I was driving on a 4 lane road, and the lane next to me was free and open. This vehicle was persistent in following me on my rear to the point had I braked really fast, they probably would've hit me! Thank goodness it wasn't snowing or icy out...that would've been bad. Now I wasn't going super slow...but I've decided a way to save money on gas is to drive a bit slower than the speed limit (like 2-3 miles below...not 5 or 10!). It works. I got 25 more miles this last time than the previous' when I filled up with gas...so maybe Pastor drives the speed limit for more than just "safety"....I've always been the one to speed and go faster, but I've realized that I don't need to do that, 3 extra minutes isn't worth it.

Anyway, back to this blue vehicle...he ran red lights behind me, and kept right behind me. Now I was thinking, did I do something wrong? Do I know this person, what in the world is this person's purpose in following me so close? This person had all the chance to pass me and get back into this lane, since the other lane wasn't even filled with cars. What is this person's point? I kept on going, never slowing down or going faster. Just when this person thought they were going to get past me, they realized I was turning at the same place...you should've seen the look on persons face (through my rear-few mirror of course) he was like WHAT IN THE WORLD. Now I was giggling inside, but also incredibly frustrated. This person wasn't going to the same place as me, and if they were I probably would've said something about them following me close, but thankfully I didn't have to.


What is the hurry? Why do people need to follow people really close...now I understand a few circumstances, your in labor, your having a heart attack, but that's about it.

I've learned its ok to slow down in life, not just in driving. Enjoy the little things. Cherish the moments because life goes way to fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...