Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chores

Recently when I've been emptying the dishwasher #1 and #2 come RUNNING to help, my first thought was, great my dishes are going to break, but my second thought was, dishes are replaceable, teaching moments like these are NOT. So, now when the dishwasher needs to be emptied I call for the kids. We have fairly "sturdy" dishes and they aren't expensive, so if I have to replace a few, I'm ok with that. I love that they want to help. I've been looking for more ways in which my kids can help around the house and a while back I read on Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling an awesome chore list for kids ages 1-12! You'll have to go to her site if you want to know what the chores were!



This is what #2s chores are
  • Pick up Toys
  • Put clothes in hamper
  • Pick up after dinner (if food has fallen on the floor)
  • Put trash in the trash can (her FAVORITE thing to do)
  • Dust
  • Put silverware and cups in sink (plastic ones) 
#1 helps with all of #2s chores and these: 
  • Help put away the dishes in the dishwasher (#2 helps too)
  • Put his dishes in the sink after all meals
  • Learn to make his bed
  • Hold dust pan while mommy sweeps
  • Carry the laundry basket downstairs
  • Shovel snow (with the help of mommy and daddy)
What are some chores that your children do around the house to help? It's never too early to start to teach them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...