Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, March 9, 2012

Homemade Chicken Broth






If you've noticed I'm kinda on a "waste not" kick right now.

So, when we made a whole chicken the other night (Beer Can Chicken) I saved the carcass and put it in the crockpot (after it cooled and I got all my meat off of it). Then I covered it completely with water.

This time (I've done this twice already) I put in a few carrots to add to the broth, you don't have to, but can if you want.

Then turn on low for 12 hours (overnight). After 12 hours let it cool, then pour into your FREEZABLE containers. I usually get about 8-9 cups of CHICKEN BROTH out of one carcass.

A friend of mine said you could use the carcass again and make more broth, but after this my carcass is pretty low and I've never done it twice. I usually freeze my broth, but this time I put it in the fridge as I'm making my Mother in Law's famous Chicken and Noodles (chicken and noodle soup, homemade noodles and all).

You'll never buy chicken broth again! I know I wont!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...