Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Listen To Your Mother


Man, I'm making something for #1 and  #2 (don't want to spoil it, as I'll be posting all about it soon) and it involves sewing and using a sewing machine. Now, for those of you who don't know, my mom is a Family and Consumer Science Teacher....so she "attempted" to teach me how to cook, bake, sew, all that stuff....did I listen to her when I was home and naive in high school? NOPE. Did I listen when she came this past summer and tried to teach me again how to sew (in 2 hours...totally not enough) diapers for #2. NOPE. So today I called my mom, praying she'd pick up, because I had NO IDEA how to thread a bobbin on the machine and the book of "Sewing for Dummies" wasn't helping...she giggled and said, "I guess you didn't pay attention" and I kinda bit my tongue and said yes mom, and I hate that I didn't listen and I wish you were here. She helped me (over the phone, which was really hard) and I got my problem solved....

SO, listen (and pay attention) to your mother, whether your young or old, they are wise and know a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...