Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Monday, March 12, 2012

Shhhhh #2's sleeping!

#2 often goes to bed earlier than #1. I think its partly because she's younger, but another part is because #1 just has more energy...imagine that! After #2 is in bed #1 and I usually do a quiet activity. We play Memory, Chutes & Ladders, Candy Land, read stories, look at pictures of our family, or do puzzles (his favorite). I do not allow TV after 7pm just because kids need some wind down time from the "screen" and I feel I as an adult need cool down time from the screen as well. Last night #1 chose puzzles for the quiet activity. This is a pretty big puzzle, but he's now able to complete it all on his own...of course I sit right there giving him praises for each piece (he loves when I saw "oh that piece fits so perfectly, awesome job #1!).

What are some quiet activities you do with your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...