Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, March 2, 2012

Teaching Kids to Pray

#1 is old enough to pray. We pray throughout the day. We pray at breakfast, we pray at lunch, we pray before dinner, we pray before bed....but we also pray when we're having a hard time...or I pray "Dear God, please help my children listen to me and you better. Amen". I pray it out loud, so both #1 and #2 can hear. It's changed how the kids and I are during the day, it's amazing! When one of our friends cannot play because they are sick, its #1 who says "mommy we need to pray that they feel better soon". I was browsing through the web one evening and I found this poster. I think its great! I think I might re-make this somehow and have #1 and #2 help, so they are a part of it (because they will understand more when they are involved). If not you can always purchase it from Teacher Paradise.



How do you pray with your children or with your spouse, or in general?

3 comments:

  1. I love this gentle reminder as to how to pray. As an adult, it reminds me to keep my prayers simple.... I'm going to make this "How to teach.." for myself, as well as for my grandchildren. I will also incorporate this in my "art" lesson with my students. Thanks for sharing such an important lesson!!!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. I wonder if when you remake this, maybe have your children help you make it out of foam boards (which you can purchase at family dollar for $1). Have each of them trace their hands and then add the lettering. This is really cute and actually helps ME, as I am new to praying, and wasn't sure of how to go about it. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this simple but powerful prayer plan to share it with my grandchildren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...