So the packaging suggested doing a soak FIRST with your diapers prior to washing with their soap. I did a 12 hour soak since my diapers seem to have a lot of build up...so I put HOT water in the tub, dumb #2s diapers in the tub and put in 3TBSP of Rockin' Green Raging Raspberries, boy did it smell yummy...not like the poo it usually smells like!
After a night of overnight soaking (boy was the tub icky when I was done with this soak) I loaded the diapers into the pail and carried them downstairs, had I been more thoughtful I would've done this in the bathroom RIGHT NEXT TO THE LAUNDRY ROOM, but nope, I did it the hard way. I then dumped the diapers into the washer and did a COLD wash without soap.
When that cycle was done, my diapers were ready to be dried. I hang dry all my pocket diapers, but dry my inserts on low (or when its possible and not really windy I hang them outside because the sun is a natural bleacher for diapers).
Here's a little information on Rockin' Green, taken directly from their website.
Rockin’ Green not only kicks butt in the washroom, but it smells AMAZING! It comes in several different scents, so there is always something new to try. So the only hard part is deciding which one to try first!
- Mighty Mighty Marshmallow - it's sweet and nutty, and very mighty!
- Smashing Watermelons- this juicy watermelon blend is like a kick to your senses..Best Seller!
- Earth, Wind & Orchids- this scent is flowered with inviting hints of tartness, floral, woods, honeysuckles and sugar. *NEW*
- Rage against the Raspberry- this raspberry and honey blend will have you running around the laundry room looking for the mosh pit! Best Seller!
- Mötley Cleän - there's clean and then there's Mötley Cleän. This fresh blend has hints of ocean, fresh linen, and sunshine.
Lavender Mint Revival- this medley of lavender and mint is like nothing you have heard or smelled before!
- Bare Naked Babies- because we love the smell of babies, we offer an unscented variety too!
a Rafflecopter giveaway