Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, August 10, 2012

Bountiful Baskets

A friend of mine and I split a Bountiful Basket this past weekend. I've heard many great things about it and only shared this with someone once before but really didn't pick it up so I never really understood the process. This time my friend was out of town so I picked up the basket of produce. The produce was AWESOME and it was fast, easy, and cheap for what we got! Shown above it what it looked like when we to pick it up (note I didn't take the picture, that's from Google, but it looked JUST like it).

A Bit about Bountiful Baskets:
They distribute produce baskets, organic produce baskets, artisan bread and sandwich bread every other week.BFC is a group of people who work together for mutual benefit. This is a grassroots, all volunteer, no contracts, no catch co-operative. Since there are no employees at Bountiful Baskets, we as a group pay rock bottom prices on your food. You have from Monday until Tuesday night to put in your order for your basket. Then you pick it up that coming Saturday. You have a 20 minute window to pick up your fruit.

I brought a laundry basket from home (you don't get to keep theirs) and put all my produce in that. It was sure HEAVY!

What was in our basket?
  • Head of cabbage
  • Head of Romaine
  • 4 Tomatoes
  • 8 Potatoes
  • 1lb of Blueberries
  • 2lbs of Cherries
  • 6 Bananas
  • 4 Mangos
  • 2 Avacados
  • 4 Peaches
  • 1 Melon
We paid $16.50 for all this. If we would've gotten all this at the grocery store it would've been DOUBLE  if not triple the price!

It was great and I plan to do it again. Oh, and the reason we split the basket is we both have pretty small families and wanted to make sure we ate all the produce before it went bad.

The opinions of this are 100% my own and I was not asked or paid for my review. Just an awesome Co-Op! You should try it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...