Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Apples Galore!


 We got a lot of apples, probably 30lbs, from a friend (will be getting another 50lbs on Friday from a different friend), so I've been working hard at preserving the apples so we can use them all winter long. This was our last apple project the apples, making applesauce. My kids eat a container of applesauce a WEEK, so I know this will come in handy, plus you can use it to bake in place of oil in a lot of things. So. Here's a couple pictures and my easy recipe (that you can freeze) for applesauce!
 Slice, Peel, and Core the apples, I have an awesome one from Bed, Bath & Beyond, it's worth the $20! (Well, I used a 20% off coupon, so it was even cheaper than that). Cook the apples (with 1 cup of water- per 4 cups of apples) on the stove for 20-30 minutes, until soft, not mushy. Add your sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Let cool COMPLETELY (otherwise you'll have an insane mess, trust me, I've done it). Then put in the blender (the kids don't like big chunks, that's why).

Then store in freezer bags (I forgot a picture there, oops.)

Here's the FULL recipe:
Applesauce
4lbs Apples - Peeled, Cored, & Sliced.
1 cup water
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
1 tsp Cinnamon 
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup sugar (you can use more or less, depends on the tartness of your apples. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...