Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Book Review: The Gospel of Yes by Mike Glenn


The Gospel of Yes: We Have Missed the Most Important Thing About God. Finding It Changes Everything

   Mike Glenn addresses a lot of things in his book “The Gospel of Yes”. He talks about where our world is as a society, how we all yearn for the next biggest and greatest thing, what some churches view (I did not necessarily agree with him on most of these issues, but that’s ok), and then finally talked about the “YES” of Jesus throughout his chapters. However throughout his book there isn't a lot of "scripture" which was hard for me to read a book about the "Gospels" but yet not site a lot of scripture.

At the end of his book Glenn provides discussion questions for groups with allows you to “go deeper” with God’s “YES”, which I think is a great thing for a book club or for further reader. He provides notes for each of his chapter siting his sources, which I think is vital for all the readers. 

My mind drifted while I read this and it wasn’t 100% engaging for me. I wouldn't read it again.

**I received this book free for my honest review from Blogging for Books**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...