Art Activities for Little Learners. It was such a FUN project to work on this week, it's called "Moveable Me" and since we were working on M I thought it fit right in. Next week we'll be doing a Family APPLE Tree, kind of to tie into this. The kids had a blast with this too!
For this project you'll need:
4 Rectangles for arms and legs - use card stock
Paper Plate for the head
Shirt/Pants cut out from card stock
Manila folder for hands and feed cut out
Yarn - for the hair
Pipe Cleaners - for the years
Button - for the nose
Stickers - for the mouth
Felt for the clothes
1. Have your child mix paint similar to their skin tone and paint the rectangles for the arms and legs and the paper plate for their head
2. Trace and cut out their hands and feet on the Manila folder
3. Cut out felt pieces for the pants and shirt, glue on.
4. When its all dry, assemble the head (using yarn, googly eyes, buttons, stickers, pipe cleaners).
5. Assemble the body together with the brads.