Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Monday, October 22, 2012

Freezer Cooking Part 1

With #3 coming in a little over a month, I have decided that it will be good (necessary at times I'm sure) to have 5-10 meals in the freezer ready to go. Who knows how being a mom of 3 kids during one of the busiest church year seasons will be! So I thought, when is it better to get freezer meals ready to go, then when you have 40# of chicken that is FRESH (I ordered my chicken, which is the best chicken, and cheapest, from Zaycon Chicken).  It's 40# of FRESH never been frozen chicken breasts....and it is super good! So, rather than prepping it all for the freezer I got 5 freezer meal recipes and prepared the meals (and then finished prepping the chicken). There aren't a LOT of pictures because lets face it, raw chicken and cameras don't really mix. So, my set up started like this picture below. The box contains all the chicken, 4-10lbs bags. I'd put one bag in my sink (to my right) and then work from there).

Some freezer meals I made are simple, throw in the crockpot meals, others are broiling or grilling. Here are the recipes I used. Click on the food for the link to the recipe.
Teriyaki Chicken
Chicken Cacciatore
Breaded, Smothered Chicken
Garlic Ranch Chicken
I shredded 4lbs of chicken and plan to use it for enchiladas, bbq chicken sandwiches, and Chicken Crescent Rolls.

 So I have 5 meals ready to go now. I also prepped 15lbs and chopped the chicken into 1in cubes, so when I need cubed meat I have it. The rest (about 12lbs) I took the fat off and then put in 1lb bags. It took about 2.5 hours, but it will be worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...