Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Soft Pumpkin Cookies

Now we were headed out to Octoberfest (and these were the cookies we were bringing), so don't mind the saran wrap over the cookies. But this is an amazingly EASY and FAST cookie recipe. I know because I called my mom and said, quick, I need a recipe using pumpkin that can be ready to go in 40 minutes or less! These are yummy, and kid approved (my kids had 3 of them!).

Here's the recipe: 
1c. sugar
1c pumpkin
1/2c shortening
1 TBSP orange peel (I didn't have this on hand, but it doesn't necessarily need it)

Cream together the above ingredients.
 Then add the dry ingredients.

2c flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp salt

Then add...
1/4c raisins
1/2-1c chocolate chips (or nuts)

Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. They don't get too brown on the top, but will be done after that, I promise!

Here's the frosting recipe: 
3c powdered sugar
1/2c butter (softened)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2TBSP Milk (add more if you think you need it)

Cream together.

Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes, then frost and enjoy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...