Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Kid's Gift

I like to have the kids MAKE a gift for their grandparents. This year we dove into a HUGE project (that I ended up finishing right before Christmas with the help of my sister) that took a lot longer than I had imagined. BUT The finished product is awesome!

We made 39, yes 39, hand prints. One for each month. Then I put them together with a 2013 calendar. I also laminated all of the months so then after the year is over the grandparents have some nice art work to display if they choose. On each month there is also a poem that goes with the picture. Now I did NOT come up with this idea on my own, if you want the poems and closer up pictures you can go here.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I may have to use that sometime in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to do this too...but life got in the way. How many calendars did you make? Very nice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made 3 calendars. #1 and #2 did every other page. It was a LOT of work, especially since I was on bed rest for one week and then did the rest of these during my recovery after having a 3rd child. Either way, they got done and look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...