Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Monday, January 21, 2013

Be My Valentine - Challenege.

I was reading through some of my blogs and I found this AWESOME Valentine "challenge" from Women Living Well Ministries.

Now, I can say this here, because Pastor doesn't typically read my blog. Tsk Tsk.

I've got a great 14 days of Valentine's Planned for Pastor, I'll post that towards the end of the month. I'm going to add this onto it too. If you want to check out exactly what to do, go to their website. The first week is about taking the initiative, something I don't do well, or often.They give some good suggestions too!
Week 1 Challenge - Take the Initiative!  Look for ways to praise your husband verbally.
Praise him in front of the kids, friends, family, co-workers, on facebook, tweet it – get praise out anyway you can! Try to mention something noteworthy he has done – in his role as provider, father, husband, lover, or friend. If the thought of trying to come up with one terrifies you, then pray right now that God will give you new eyes to see your husband as God does. Then open your mouth and say something kind and uplifting to your husband today and tomorrow and the next day until Valentine’s Day arrives!

We're not too big into Valentine's Day, especially now with kids.

Get a sitter.

Go out to eat, with the rest of the world, wait forever at a resturant.

Wait forever to get your food.

Pay for the food.

Go to a movie or something else. Pay for that too.

Go home, pay the sitter.

Drive the sitter home.

Come home, maybe relax.

Just doesn't sound as fun when you've got young ones at home and a sitter that doesn't drive yet...a couple more months and my TOP babysitter can drive. You do NOT know how excited I am for this!

SO, instead Pastor and I usually order in, one of us go and get it and we eat together, without the kids...have a nice conversation over dinner in our own home, watch a rented movie, and cuddle. Way less stressful.


“The wise woman builds her house,
but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.”
~Proverbs 14:1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...