Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Be My Valentine Week 2 Challenge



How did your week 1 of the "Be My Valentine" Marriage Challenge go? Sometimes it was HARD for me to purse, encourage, inspire, admire, build up, and thank Pastor, but I managed. If your just reading this and you don't know what the challenge is, its a 4 week (well now we have 3 weeks until V-day) challenge.Each week the challenge will be the same – to praise, encourage, inspire, admire, build up, thank and appreciate your husband. But each week Courtney, from Women Living Well will give you different ways to express your praise.

 Let’s be angels of mercy to our husbands. We may think they are filled with confidence and strength but they are only human. They have insecurities, fears, failures, burdens and cares that we do not always slow down to recognize. We lose our tenderness in the hustle and bustle of life and this month let’s slow down and really see our husband’s with fresh eyes.
Philippians 2:3-4 says “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.”(NIV)

 This week, Week 2  January 28th,  we'll have to be creative!  Praise your husband such as surprising him with a love message on the mirror, using sidewalk chalk to write on the driveway,write a love message to him in the snow, making a toast to him at dinner with friends etc. Get creative with your selflessness!

**UPDATE** So I've been doing different "little" things to praise and build up Pastor for this challenge. On Monday, Jan 28 he had a pretty hard day. I'm not sure of the exact reasons, but I know things weren't going his way. Water got all over some papers and his bible (which I think was the last straw and he just had it), things weren't being saved right for the Monday night service, and other things. I'm not sure, I didn't dive in and ask him. I could just "sense" he was having a bad day when we got to church at 3:30 to do some things for Children's Ministry (then we stay for dinner and the church service). The kids were being pretty difficult for me, and Pastor felt like he had to intervene, which was nice. But he was already busy enough. At one point he just had the "I am done" look. He's doesn't express his feelings in words often. So, before we left church (after the church service) I left him a little note. Nothing extravagant. He had another meeting after this, so he wasn't going to be done with work until about 9pm, (note he goes in at 7am!). When he got home I asked him how everything went, a typical answer....FINE....I let it be. Then on Tuesday morning, when I was frustrated with #1 in wetting his bed, yet ONCE AGAIN...post on that later...he stopped me...kissed me and thanked me for the note and said "thank you for being patient with me yesterday". I was blown away. Just felt awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...