Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Desperate: AWESOME Mom Book!



Oh Ladies, I’ve got the perfect book for you to read. I was blessed while reading it…made me feel so much more “accomplished” as a mom, and I didn’t do anything different.

What’s this amazing book you ask?

It’s Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe by Sarah Mae & Sally Clarkson.

 

I first read about the book on the Better Mom website. They had awesome things to say about the book. A few of my facebook friends were talking about it. So I had to read it and find out what it was all about. I’m so so so glad I did!

 

Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson are both moms. Sarah is a younger mom, and Sally is a more seasoned mom. Each chapter starts out with a little from Sarah to Sally and vice versa. You can feel the loving relationship that Sarah and Sally have developed just by reading these little letters. Sally is mentoring Sarah and encouraging her through some of the more difficult times in motherhood, like in Titus 2:3-5 -  Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

 

At times like these where our society relies heavily on Facebook, Twitter, Media and other things, its essential to have real like moms and mentors who you can go and talk and pray with.

 

Sarah Mae’s writing is so similar to my mom situations. She talks about the happy times, the not so happy times and everything in between. Sally comforts her through all of these, using the bible as a reference as well as her own experiences. It’s almost like you can see the two of them talking this out over coffee.

 

This book has changed how I parent. I love my children so deeply and want to show them Jesus’ love, but some days it’s hard. This book acknowledges that and embraces it. This book gives you a lot of grace and is focused on Christ. It’s truly a blessing to any momma out there, young or old!

 

If their writing wasn’t applicable enough, they add “Your Turn” and “Something to Do” at the end of every chapter. This book is now a bible study! The “Your Turn” section has a bible verse and 2-3 questions that relate to your life. The “Something to Do” has you set a goal, take action on something, or write in a journal. It’s so helpful to have a place to start!

 

I highly recommend this book. I got it as an e-book, but plan to purchase the hard copy of the book so I can write in it, jot down notes and such, and then pass it along to my girls, when they are mothers someday. 

 

*I received this book via e-read for my honest review, from Booksneeze.com* 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...