Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Double Coupons

I love double coupons. It is an easy way to get the "most" for your money. Especially when you can score great deals with double coupons and MAKE money with Catalinas! This was my last trip to Albertsons (the local store that doubles coupons here). If your new to my blog or need a refresher, go to the coupon page to get a low down on how I coupon.

Now Albertsons has a rule, you can only use 3 doublers per transaction, and do as many transactions as you choose, long as there isn't a huge line behind you. I usually let someone go ahead of me if they don't have a lot.

Here's what my transactions looked like. 
Transaction #1
2 Campbells Skillet Meals - 2.49 
I used 2-$1off. When you bought 2 of these, you got a $1 catalina. doubled.
Huggies Wipes - 1.99 
Used $1 off coupon (NLA) , doubled. 

Total OOP: .17
Total Savings: 4.18 - 100%

Transaction #2
4 Kraft Fresh Take - 2.99  
I used used 2-$1off , used 1-$1cat from transaction #1, all which I doubled. Then the BBQ ones had an additional $1 off coupon on them because they expired today (but I put them in the freezer so they will be fine). I should've got all BBQ ones, then I would've only paid .26 for the total order, but oh well!

Total OOP- 2.26
Total Savings - 11.00 - 85%

Transaction #3
2 Campbells Skillet Meals - 2.49 
I used 2-$.75off. When you bought 2 of these, you got a $1 catalina. doubled.
Huggies Wipes - 1.99 
Used $1 off coupon (NLA) , doubled. 

Total OOP: 1.20
Total Savings: 3.68 - 79%

Transaction #4
2- Welches Sparkling Juice -- 2.50 
I used $1/2, doubled. This also gave me a $1 catalina.
2- Huggies Wipes - 1.99 
Used 2-$1 off coupon (NLA) , doubled.

Total OOP: 3.34
Total Savings: 5.78 - 66%

Transaction #5
2-Jamba Juice Frozen Mix -2.50
I used 2-$1off doubled. This also gave me a $1 catalina.

Total OOP: 1.18
Total Savings 4.58 82%

OVERALL Total savings: $29.22
Average savings: 85.2%

I still have $3.00 in catalinas and one set of doublers (3 doublers). So that's technically another $6 to spend, so really all this cost me $2.15 out of pocket when it's all said and done. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...