I recently made this dessert for the New Year's Eve Monday Night Worship Service that Pastor started (not a New Year's Eve service, rather a Monday Night, weekly, service).
1 green 3 oz. package of Jello
1 red 3 oz. package of Jello
1 lemon 3 oz. package of Jello
1 & 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 cups whipped cream (or) 4 cups Cool Whip
I. The night before:
1. Prepare 1 package of each color of jello separately, and set in 8" square pans or pie tins over night.2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter and spread in a 9x13 pan. Chill overnight.
II. Several hours before serving:
1. Boil 1 cup water in small saucepan. Add the package of lemon jello and sugar and stir until sugar and jello dissolve. Add pineapple juice.2. Put contents in bowl and chill in refrigerator till slightly thickened (about 45 minutes).
3. Add whipped cream (or) Cool Whip to lemon jello mix.It should be airy and fluffy. Kind of like mousse. 4. Take your jellos out of the fridge and cut into small 1/2" cubes.
5. Add jello cubes to lemon jello mixture and spread onto refrigerated crust.
6. Chill for several hours before serving.
Super yummy. Time consuming, but delicious!