Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, February 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday: What My Mamma Did...

Today, I'm linking up with Lisa Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday. This is such a great way to write freely. It's really simple. You have one topic, from Lisa, then you write for 5 minutes unedited, pure, just you and the keyboard. Why don't you try it?

Go.
I was really excited to see this topic, its an easy one for me. My momma is and was amazing. She was our rock as a family. She went through a divorce when I was 8. It would've crushed me if I was her, but she stood strong.

She showed me and my little sis about the TRUE meaning of family time. She strived to make sure she spent enough time with both my sister and I. She developed loving relationships that I can say just gets stronger and stronger every time I talk to her. She illustrated how its the love of family that keeps you together, not tangible things, trips, or money. Pure love. Love.

My momma is was also very genuine. She taught me how to appreciate something in everyone, even if its really hard. She has the best spirit. I just love my momma. I'm blessed to still have my momma with me. So, what have I taken into my littles life like my momma?

The pure love. The love she showed me as a child was better then any toy she could've ever bought me. So I, in turn am working to show my littles a similar love. Show my kids that family time (especially game night, oh man, I have a lot of fond memories playing family games, with my momma) is important.

So what my momma did was instill an awesome LOVE, and unconditional LOVE for me and my little sis (and step bro and step sis too). I love you mom.

STOP.

A picture taken 5 or so year's ago. Me, my sister, and my loving momma.

12 comments:

  1. I loved today's topic! It's easy to write about mamas, isn't it! :) (Hoping over from Five Minute Fridays)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super easy to write. I could've written so much more!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that the pure love she poured into you is spilling right out into your own family. Such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, Beth. It's not easy being a single mom and finding the time to love - really show that love of which you speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom certainly didn't have it easy. I don't know how single moms do it. My hubby is such a rock for our family!

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is so sweet. And I love how you call your children "littles." (My daughter was always peanut, and cupcake. I'm so old-school!)

    Good for you to have such a nice mom. I like the picture of you all at church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack. I think I entered the word wrong.

    LOVE THIS POST. I love the picture of you all in the pew (nice tie-in), and I love how you call your kids "littles"! That is so cute. I can't tell you how lovely this week's entries have been. Everyone has something different to post, and it's all just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even plan the tie in for the pew picture. Just happened that way!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like your momma passed on one the best things in life to you..LOVE. Thanks for sharing. (I, too, came from Five Minute Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...