Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Monday, February 25, 2013

God is Everywhere You Are

This past weekend we "unplugged" and spent quiet time in the Sawtooth mountains, with the whole family. Pastor had a board retreat (meaning a meeting for him, which he did "plug in" during the meeting) on Saturday but we were able to spend time as a family, and with other families Friday night, Saturday night, and worship together on Sunday. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

#1 did have a fever during the whole weekend, was a bit more cuddly, but it was probably because he had his kindergarten shots on Thursday. We got to go tubing on their nice snow tube run, we took some nice quiet walks in the DEEP snow, and enjoyed the kids playing games together. It was so nice. While on a walk back to the retreat center, #2, #3 and I were walking through the woods and I stopped to look up. THIS is what I saw.
Now isn't that just beautiful? There is a bit of snow on the trees, but it was pretty windy so the wind had blew off all the snow. Now, I asked Pastor what he saw when I showed him this picture and he laughed and said "trees". Ok, that's not what I see. I see God's beautiful wonderful design, and a CROSS. Maybe I'm crazy? I see the trees opening up to form a cross in the sky. Even my 2 year old little girl saw it. She looked up and said "mommy, mommy a cross". I wasn't sure what she was talking about, I honestly didn't see it until AFTER I snapped the picture.

This just proves God is everywhere. He is with you wherever you go, in whatever you do, in the hard times or the easy times. God is there. Talk to HIM today.



TheBetterMom.com

1 comment:

  1. Beth, thanks for the reminder that God is always with us. I think it's easy for all of us to try to put God in a box on our shelf if we aren't keeping our focus on Him as the amazing, powerful, awesome God that He truly is, not like the other "gods" of this world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...