Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, March 8, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Home

It's Friday. Whoo! Which means Pastor's home ALL DAY with us. I'm been counting the days down, because even though it hasn't been a really long week. I urn for time with him, time for the kids to have with him, time to just be a family.

Friday also means 5 minute Friday link up. I'm joining Lisa Jo Baker for 5 minutes of unedited writing. It's something I really have become to enjoy!

Go. 
Home. An easy one. Or that's what it "seems". Home is something that we've created for my 3 littles. We've had many "houses", but we've truly created a HOME here. While in college, seminary, and vicarage (what internship for pastors is called) we had houses, it never was really 'home'. We've made our house here in Idaho, our home. We've done that by surrounding our family with the Love of Jesus (and Jesus loving people).

We've been in this home for almost three years now. I realized its the longest place that Pastor and I have lived, since we've been married. It's nice not having to pack boxes and move every two years (or ever year). Home is our safe place. The place where we can be US.

Our home is filled with laughter, love, patience, joy, peace, screaming (yes, because we have a feisty 2 year old), Legos, trains, dolls, play-doh, books, gadgets, desserts, quilts, and kindess.

Psalm 27:4-One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.

Stop. 

Wow,  re-reading this I was all over the place today. Well, I guess it's what "home" means to me.


Linking up with:

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lovely home! And it's so nice that you describe the difference between living somewhere and having a home! Also that you tell about how you make a home. That's an important part that is easy to forget, but a home has to be made, and to that, you have to work for it! It is lovely to read the joy you have had in that part :)

    Thank you for the reminder of psalm 27:4--> I might copy that one, if you don't mind :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 27:4 is a great verse. Copy away. I've been reminded to find JOY wherever we are. Thanks for stopping by! Blessings. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "all over the place"ness is part of the beauty of these five minutes. When else can you share so much of yourself in such a short time. That was a great verse to finish with. Thanks! (your neighbor from FMF)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...