Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, March 15, 2013

Five Minutes Friday: Rest

Once again I'm joining Lisa Jo Baker for five minute Friday. I really look forward to these days. Its fun, open, honest, and pure writing!

Go. 
 
How does one just "fall" asleep anywhere?
Must be a baby thing!
How appropriate that today's word is rest. I feel well rested. Last night was the first  night in days, weeks that I got a WHOLE nights sleep without #1, #2, #3, or Pastor, waking me up! I slept peacefully from 10:45pm - 5:30am (my body woke up for some reason....who knows). I feel rested. With three kids 4 and under, one being an almost 4 month old, sleeping through the night  is something I hope for, but don't get often.

Growing up I was a kid who NEEDED sleep. I needed a good 8 hours of sleep (I know #2 does too, but she is stubborn and gets up early, like now, before 7am, she's joining me in writing this). Sleep is important to rest.

However, sleep isn't the only thing that gives me rest. Feeding my soul gives me rest. I enjoy my quiet morning devotions, and that provides my soul with rest because I know that God is in control (however I need CONSTANT reminders about this) and I should not worry about anything (ha!).

Rest is also time away...away from the business of life. Away from my demanding loving children. Rest is a time where I can spend some time with Pastor alone, just us two to reconnect and focus and REST together. We get to do this next week Friday (our 9 year anniversary is next Wednesday, but its a Wednesday and its Lent, so we can't spend our anniversary together, rather at our home away from home....church). We'll go out for dinner and probably to a self serve yogurt place. It will be the first time I will leave #3 with a baby sitter...now its supposed to be restful, but I know I'll be thinking of #3 the WHOLE. ENTIRE. TIME. But, I'll embrace the time Pastor and I have together, and rest.

Rest is simply a gift from God, and I need to find rest more often.

And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation. Genesis 2:2-3

Stop.




Linking up:

4 comments:

  1. Rest is also time away...away from the business of life. Away from my demanding loving children. Rest is a time where I can spend some time with Pastor alone, just us two to reconnect and focus and REST together.

    I really like this. It's not just about sleep. We have teenagers in our house, and sometimes just getting a half hour of uninterrupted time with my husband feels like a vacation :)

    visiting from FMF

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. Its very important. Important for you two, and important for your kids to see. They see that your love between you and your husband is so important! Teaches them things, silently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got some rest! 4 kids--yes you must be tired! I'm pregnant with my first and I feel very well rested...but I realize that's all about to change soon enough :) Praying the good rest continues for you {both physical and spirtual rest, of course}.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well three kids, and a husband. So technically 4 kids. :) I pray the birth of your first child goes well. Children are a gift from God!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...