Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Running & Praying

In high school I HATED when the gym teacher said "it's the mile run today". I hid in the locker room as long as possible and basically WALKED the mile run in high school. I mean who in their right mind would RUN for FUN?  Certainly not me.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

God is funny. Really Funny.

Last spring I realized how FUN running really IS. Call me crazy. I ran with #1 and #2 in the bike carrier. They'd sit and play, argue with toys in tow. I kept running. I really got into it. I found that it was one of the easiest ways for me to stay in shape, look good, but most importantly feel good. I was very good at keeping a daily routine of running until I got pregnant with #3. Yeah, that through a damper in it. I had horrible morning  all day sickness for the first 15 weeks. Then, well yeah, I just used the "I'm pregnant excuse". So fast forward to this January, as soon as I was cleared to exercise I put on my running shoes and went running. In January. In Idaho. In the SNOW. Yes. Now you can call me insane! The first morning I ran, (keep in mind, its morning, before the SUN was up) it was -4 WITHOUT windchill. Brrr. I got right back into the game of running.

For 2 weeks.

Then it snowed. A lot. So I took another month off.

Now it's March. I've had some really long and desperate days were I just need God to give me oodles amount of patience with #1 and #2, but especially #2 (I think its because she's so similar to me that we butt heads, A LOT). So I mentioned to Pastor I wanted to go running. Alone. That's right ALONE. I can't easily go for a run with 3 kids, when its only 30 degrees. Grant #1 is a very FAST biker, but its just too cold for him right now.

So a week ago it was really warm, well 40s warm. Pastor had just nudged me and said "you said you wanted to go running, why don't you go and I'll watch the kids". I took the opportunity and RAN. It was a nice run. I got back in my groove.

I ran again 2 days later, even though it was almost 9pm, I was tired from watching the kids for over 12 hours, alone, but I knew I needed it. I ran a LONG time. I wasn't even winded when I was done. While I ran I prayed to God. I prayed that he give us the wisdom in making some hard decisions pastor and I have to make in the upcoming weeks. I prayed for my kids. All 3 of them. I prayed for a high school friend of mine, Kaylene, who sadly took her life a week ago. I prayed for her family that they find peace with the situation. I prayed for the ministries of our church. I prayed for my friends, near and far. I prayed and prayed and prayed. It was so peaceful. I could feel God's hand on my shoulder as I ran.

I ran under the stars. In awe of this mighty world that He has created and how blessed it is that I get to see all the awesome beauties, like a clear starry night.

“You are the only Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, with all the stars. You made the earth and everything on it, the seas and everything in them; you give life to everything. The heavenly army worships you.” Nehemiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...