Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, May 10, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Comfort

I'm linking up with Lisa Jo Baker today for Five Minute Friday! I will

Stop.
 Drop.
 Write for five minutes.

Comfort. 

Go. 
Everyone is comforted in a different way. Having three little people at home I see this.

#1 is comforted by tags on a blanket. He rubs the silk tag of his blanket on his chin. When he is hurt, he runs for his blanket. When he is tired, he grabs his blanket. When he wakes up (which just so happens to be right now,) he has his blanket. That is his "comfort".

#2 is comforted by her thumb. She found it at an early age, well not early enough for me. She was really fussy the first 4 months of life. She wouldn't take a pacifier (like #1 did) I pleadedwith her some nights just to take it, because it would help her sleep. Never. She NEVER liked the paci. Then she found her thumb, and still to this day at almost 3, she still finds comfort sucking her thumb.

 #3 I don't know if she's defined a comfort item yet, being only 6 months old, but if I'd have to guess, it'd be her paci. From day 5 of life (the day they found her broke leg) she's held onto that thing like it's her most precious gem.
 

For me, I find comfort being with my family. Whether it's Pastor, my kids, my mom, my siblings. I find comfort in knowing their love is strong for me, and no matter what they are always there. 


Yes, God is a great comforter too! 

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.
-Psalm 23  

Linking up with

 

4 comments:

  1. Great reflection!
    Michelle
    http://normalchaosforamultitaskmom.blogspot.com/2013/05/comfort.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is an amazing comforter - I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brought back memories of my son (he will be turning 18 in a week) when he was a baby. He loved his pippy (which is what he called his pacifier). He used his pippy all the time, until he dropped it one day when he was two and a half, and the dog got it. Oh, well......

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet little ones. good reflections.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...