Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Song

Friday. Five Minutes. I love this.

Today's prompt is Song. 

Go. 
 #2 absolutely LOVES music. I think she gets that from BOTH sides of our families. Pastor and his dad and brother had a traveling family band. He even grew up with a recording studio in his house. How cool is that!? I know that Pastor longs to have one at our house, but right now there just simply enough space.

Anyone, song. We listen to KLOVE and Air1 a lot. It's always on in the van, if #1 doesn't ask for music, #2 does. We listen to Christian music (and kid music too) on Pandora when we are upstairs (we can stream it live from our TV, pretty cool feature, if you ask me). We listen to KLOVE when we are in the school/play room downstairs. Songs and music are always flowing and playing in our house.

I've realized it so much so, because #2 will burst out, out of no where, songs from the radio! Kids DO listen to the music you listen to. Any parent who argues otherwise, they are wrong. I used to, in my former life, before kids, listen to the pop and rock station...the ones that talk about who they slept with, what drugs they did, all that junk. Well I never really listened to the words, just liked the beat....but now that my little 2 year old repeats the songs, pretty well I might add, I have had a switch in "songs" that we listen to.

Plus those pop songs really didn't fill my cup. I want to listen to something that is going to feed my soul!

This currently is one song that is really speaking to me. Take some time and really listen to the words.


Stop. 



 

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that song! Stopping in from FMF, Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words made me think of the very powerful Casting Crowns song Slow Fade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QASREBVDsLk A little heavy, but very good. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an awesome song, Katherine !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...