Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Traveling with Preschoolers - Part 3 - Songs, Rhymes & Finger Plays


Five little ducks went out one day. (hold up five fingers)
 Over the hills and far away, (move hands in wave-like fashion for over hills and then hold hand to forehead "to look")
Mommy duck called quack quack quack, (move hand like quacking)
But only four little ducks came back.

Four little ducks went out one day (hold up four fingers)
Over the hills and far away, (move hands in wave-like fashion for over hills and then hold hand to forehead "to look")
Mommy duck called quack quack quack, (move hand like quacking)
But only three little ducks came back.

Three little ducks went out one day
Over the hills and far away,
Mommy duck called quack quack quack,
But only two little ducks came back.

Two ducks went out one day
Over the hills and far away,
Mommy duck called quack quack quack,
But only one little duck came back.

One little duck went out one day
Over the hills and far away,
Mommy duck called quack quack quack,
And no little ducks came wandering back.

No little ducks went out one day
Over the hills and far away,
Mommy duck called quack quack quack,
And five little ducks came wandering back.

Open, shut them, (open and close both hands in front of baby)
Open, shut them,
Give a little clap clap clap. (clap each time you say “clap”)
Open, shut them, open, shut them, (open and close both hands in front of baby)
Lay them in your lap lap lap. (pat your legs each time you say "lap")

Creepy crawly, creepy crawly,
Right up to your chin chin chin. (crawl fingers up baby's chest to her chin)
Open up your little mouth, (open your mouth)
But do not let them in in in. (quickly put your hands behind your back)
  The wheels on the bus go round and round, (roll hands around each other each time you say "round")
round and round, round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round,  all through the town.

 The wipers on the bus go Swish, swish, swish . . . (raise hands and move back and forth)
The horn on the bus goes Beep, beep, beep . . . (pretend to press horn)
The money on the bus goes, Clink, clink, clink . . . (pretend to drop change)
The Driver on the bus says "Move on back" . . . (use thumb to indicate moving back)
The baby on the bus says "Wah, wah, wah" . . . (rub eyes with hands)
The mommy on the bus says "Shush, shush, shush" . . . (place finger to mouth and say "shhh")
Row, Row, Row Your BoatRow, row, row the boat (rock back and forth and move arms in rowing motion)
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Life is but a dream
Row, row, row the boat (rock back and forth and move arms in rowing motion)
Gently down the stream
If you see a crocodile
Don't forget to scream (gently scream!)



Five little monkeys (hold up five fingers and move them as if jumping)
Jumping on the bed
One fell off and bumped his head (bop one finger and then rub its head)
Mommy called the doctor
and the doctor said,
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" (shake index finger as if disciplining)

Four little monkeys . . .
The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout. (creep fingers up on each other)
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out. (wiggle fingers as if water coming down)
Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain, (raise hands in big circle as if mimicking the sun)
and the itsy bitsy spider crawled up the spout again. (crawl fingers again)
If you're happy and you know it clap you hands. (clap twice)
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands. (clap twice)
If you're happy and you know it then your face will surely show it.
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.(clap twice)

Continue with: If you're happy and you know it stomp your feet, tap your head, rub your belly, jump up and down, etc.

I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee (cup hands)
Won't my mommy be so proud of me
I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee
Ouch! It stung me!
I'm squashing up my baby bumblebee (squash it with hands)
Won't my mommy be so proud of me
I'm squashing up my baby bumblebee
EEEW! Yuck!
I'm washing off my baby bumblebee (wash off with hands)
Won't my mommy be so proud of me
I'm washing off my baby bumblebee
Look! All gone!

I'm also bringing all our PRESCHOOL SONGS, which you can find the link to that original post here.

I have these tapes from when I was little  and my mom lead Sunday School music. Pastor is a genius and figured out a way to take these tapes (from the ONE tape player that we still own, which doesn't have a CD player with it) and make them into MP3s to put on my phone so we can listen to them in the van, through my phone. I'm soo happy he figured it out!

Wee Sing Silly Songs
Hide 'Em in Your Heart
Bible Singalongs
Psalty's Singalongathon
My Bible Stories

Pastor is also helping me put some other Christian Music onto my Windows Phone so I can plug it into the van and listen to my music through the van, because MOST of Montana is country music or NO radio stations, and that's just not acceptable to me!

If you're just tuning in, here you can find part 1 and part 2. Stay tuned to next week for part 4. The food. I found some NEW recipes we're going to try...for EASY food on the road!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...