I found this on Pinterest this past fall and have loved it. It makes a TON. I usually prepare one dish to eat that night, and freeze the other! It's also a great POTLUCK meal if you need to feed a lot of people (this feeds about 20)!
6 TBSP butter, plus more for dishes
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1lb Penne Noodles
1.5lb of Chicken Breasts. I use Zaycon Chicken, nothing else!
1/2 c plus 2 TBSP flour
6 cups whole milk (I use 2%)
10 ounces of mushrooms (I used canned)
1 1/2 c Provolone Cheese
1 1/2 c Parmesan
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 TBSP Minced Garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400. Butter 2 - 9x13 baking dishes.
2. In a large pot of boiling salt water, cook pasta. 3 min short of a la dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil over medium heat in skillet. Season chicken. Cook until opaque throughout. Chop up. Remove from pan. Cook mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
4. In a 5 quart dutch over or heavy pot melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, garlic. Cook, whisking 1 minute. While whisking constantly add milk. Simmer. Whisk until it thickens (takes a while).
5. Stir in cheese and Parmesan
6. Divide into baking dishes. If freezing, place remaining Parmesan cheese in baggie.
7. Bake uncovered until golden brown and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.