Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Monday, August 5, 2013

Zucchini Galore.


In our garden, our MASSIVE OVERGROWN garden, we have a TON of zucchini. I planted 2 plants and right now I'm picking about 2-3 zucchini a DAY. Yes I LOVE zucchini, but I'm the ONLY one in the family who eats it....well that's about to change hopefully. I have shredded most of what I've picked so far (except for grilling a couple, because that was SUPER yummy).

Today I tried this recipe from an AWESOME blog I follow.The little people helped me make it. I used sour cream in my recipe and DARK CHOCOLATE Coco. I think that made a the cake a little more rich and gooey.

We had a lot of fun...the batter was super yummy...which is most of the reason I think my little people enjoy baking so much with me. They know they get to lick the spoons (even if it is at 8 in the morning!).


We made this so early in the morning because it gets HOT fast (even though we have AC I still like to keep the windows open and the air off as much as possible).

While baking this I thought it was a little runny after adding in the Zucchini. Since we live at about 4500 feet I typically add about 1-2 tbsp more flour than whats called for, but it still looked runny...but I put it in the oven and let it bake. It took me about 47 minutes to bake it, when the recipe calls for 40. 

We made this to share with the Monday night pre-worship meal. So apologies on the no so "fashionable" pictures. On the right is a picture of #1 with his slice of cake...which was GONE in a matter of seconds. The cake was devoured by everyone at church. Needless to say, it was a HUGE HIT! It was so yummy. Almost fudge like! SUPER moist. You couldn't even tell there was Zucchini in it, so people like PASTOR maybe will eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...