Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Monday, December 2, 2013

Best Buns EVER

I have to brag a little bit. My mom makes THE best buns, EVER. I mean, they are the best. I can't replicate them exactly, but I sure try.

I made these for Thanksgiving this year. Boy are they yummy. I could eat about 5 right out of the oven. My mom calls them "Terrific Buns".

You'll need:
3 pkgs. yeast, dissolved in 1/2 C. very warm water
3/4 C Crisco shortening
1 C sugar
3 C lukewarm water
3 eggs beaten
2 tsp salt
10 c flour (may use 5 C whole wheat flour and 5 C white).

dissolve yeast in water. Set aside. Beat eggs, shortening, sugar and salt together. Add water and stir. Add 2 cups of the flour and beat. Then add yeast mixture and stir. Continue adding remaining 8 cups of flour, 2 cups at a time, stirring after each addition. After all flour is added, knead the dough with your hands. If its sticky, keep dipping your hands in flour and kneading until the dough is more manageable. Place in a warm place with a light towel cover. Let rise until double in size. Knead this down. Place in warm place until it has risen again, double in size. Cut off pieces of dough, the size of an extra large egg. Form into balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheet and punch down flat. One baking sheet usually holds 15 buns. Let rise until double in size. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Do NOT over bake. Freeze after cooling. Makes about 45 buns. If I am lacking in time, I will only let it rise once before shaping.

ENJOY! Don't eat too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...