Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Monday, December 9, 2013

Zucchini Blueberry Streusel Muffins - THE BEST

We made these delicious Zucchini Blueberry Streusel Muffins last week. I perfected a zucchini recipe from a church cook book. These are BY FAR the best zucchini muffins, I think the streusel adds a LOT.

It made quite a bit of muffins, so what I've been doing is keeping 1/3 out and freezing the other 2/3 so we have muffins ready when we don't have any baked and we are in a rush. It works great! Even with the reduced freezer space we have at our rental (we HAVE found a house, moving again in February), I still make it work!

Here's the wonderful recipe for you all to try!

3 eggs
1 c applesauce (unsweetened- I used my homemade stuff)
3t vanilla
2c sugar
2c grated zucchini (YES, I still had ONE fresh one that I insisted on bringing with us in the move)
2 3/4 c  - 3c flour
1t salt
3/4t baking powder
1/4t baking soda
2t cinnamon
2c fresh blueberries (I used frozen ones, that's what I had)

For the Streusel topping 
1c flour
1c sugar
3/4c butter, softened (NOT melted)
pinch of salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins (or use paper inserts). I personally LOVE my muffin cups.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, applesauce, oil, vanilla, sugar, zucchini until well combined. Mix in dry ingredients until well mixed. Fold in the blueberries. Scoop into prepared muffin tins.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt and softened butter together using a pastry blender until its crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...